Monday, April 19, 2021

The Cat ate my Interview

 Yeah, right. I planned on interviewing Kenneth Kim about his fiction novel, Superhero Memoirs months ago. Life became busy for me in 2020, and 2021. I stepped down from my volunteer position of Assistant Manager at the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Resource Center located at St. Joseph Hospital.  

  I liked volunteering from home, as the DBSA Resource Center was closed because of the health crisis. After a while, it looked like our Manager could handle all of the work. We didn't have a high volume of emails. What that meant, I didn't know. Have less people suffered from Depression, Bipolar, and other neurological/mental illnesses than when I started volunteering in 2012? I really had no clear answer. 

  In any case, I learned a lot about depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), anxiety, and schizoaffective disorder. There, in the office, a library also existed. With a deposit of $20, visitors of the center could borrow books, videotapes, and cassettes (yes, they even had those) whose subject matters included the different conditions aforementioned. Once the material was returned, the borrower received the $20 back.

  The Manager informed me that the Center was moving its office into a different section of the Sister Elizabeth Building of the Hospital. She mentioned it being opened on Wednesdays from 9AM to 2PM. The website, www.dbsaoc.org was the same, and the phone number remained (714) 744-8718. The email address: dbsaoc@hotmail.com. With that plug entered into my blog today, it seemed like it was time for me to begin organizing the interview with Kenneth Kim.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home