Sunday, December 03, 2017

Every Day I Write the Blog

(This was originally published on January 8, 2009 and is being brought back out of draft after re-visiting my blog.) Here I have attached a pretty picture, at least in my opinion, for you:



Happy New Year to you, I hope you are in good health. There seems to be a wave of colds going around with a strong cough. I know this because I have it. At first I thought it was a cough confined to one geographic area, but I have heard from a friend in a different region that he has it, too.

My only theory as to why this cold came about is the temperature (too cold for the comfort of the residents of the area) and perhaps increased pollution. I have plenty of motivations to get well soon, including a dinner invitation tomorrow night and a lunch with friends planned on Monday. So I should really concentrate on getting well. The dinner invitation is at a restaurant I never heard of before but my friend has good taste so I think it should be good. The second one is In-N-Out, a total pleasure of a hamburger place. Where else could you get so wonderfully fed for $5?

I went to Chik-Fil-A to increase my pleasure and make me forget feeling sick. This was a tasty treat. I had the regular chicken sandwich - not grilled, the one with the delicious skin, fries and cole slaw. I felt better afterward. Hmm, makes me wonder if I should repeat that for tomorrow's lunch? Or I could heat up one of the assorted cans of Campbell's chicken soup, good for colds. Pho would also be good; man that soup is good. The best Pho would be in Westminster, I am not sure if I want to be driving that long right now.

I think about subjects other than food. Recently watched a bit of the comedy "Scrubs". I was laughing, a definitely good distraction. Tomorrow: focus on getting well and not passing the cold to anyone. It's a good goal, I'm sure of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home