Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Originally published for 2008:

Happy New Year! 2008!

While my original publication is from 2008, here is a photograph I like that I want to share with you as a gift for the upcoming 2018 New Year. It's a picture from my Seattle vacation in August 2017. This is at Chihuly:



Here is a Red Picture from Chihuly for Good Luck, if you believe in that. I'm not quite sure what to believe, but I enjoy my trip to Chihuly Museum and believe it is a good place to visit:

I queried a message board I go to for New Year's superstitions. The one I knew before posting the question was told to me by an American Vietnamese friend. It is to not sweep the floors the day before New Year's. The sweeping would be sweeping out good luck for the New Year. From the Southern, black-eyed peas for (in) the New Year's Day morning breakfast. One of the responses I got from my posted question was to wear Red underwear for love, and Yellow underwear for money in the New Year. What if you wear both?

Other superstitions were to not spend any money on New Year's day. Chinese New Year has the custom of not washing one's hair on that day. If you don't spend money on January 1st, you're good, really good. If the superstition is correct, it'll mean you'll have a lot of money throughout the year. Yeah, that's good.

Not sure if this is going to be a stay at home New Year's Eve or a go out type. Fireworks sound attractive. Sleep also sounds really attractive. TV's getting boring so far, I'd have to say.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home