Monday, April 19, 2021

Originally published on 9/7/2008 at 5:26PM

Samurai Girl? Flipping through Entertainment Weekly, I reacted to an ad with surprise. The ad for "Samurai Girl" a premiere of an ABC family show featured its main character, an Asian American woman that I would guess is 27 years old, with black eyeliner, obvious fake eyelashes. Sexy. Not very girl like, more like a woman. I'm not really sure why the series is entitled Samurai Girl and not Samurai Woman. Discussion revealed that the title is inaccurate as there were no female Samurais. Female Ninjas, yes, but no Samurais. Now I am watching it or a repeat of it on tv. The Samurai Girl is being taught by a white man. This is confusing. The girl seems to have Asian parents from what I can make out of the show. That's what happens when I walk into the middle of the show. Not surprisingly, the girl seems to be falling for her white instructor. Is he a samurai too?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home