Thursday, October 14, 2021

Yelp

 Over the weekend, my husband and I were treated to a Yelp Elite perk. We were the recipients of free gelato from Gelato Paradiso in Newport Beach (Fashion Island Atrium Food Court). I thought the panna cotta flavor was my favorite. The employee gave me big scoops in my waffle cone. The other flavors I tried were lemon and coconut. All scoops tasted flavorful and delicious. Another employee gave me a second Yelp Elite perk: red and white Yelp sunglasses.

I have been a Yelp Elite for 14 years, and writing reviews for them for 15 years. I first found out about Yelp when I was Google searching a restaurant called Shalimar in the San Fernando Valley. I never ended up going to Shalimar, I don’t know why; but seeing the reviews got me started on my Yelp journey. At the time, Yelp was a website with mostly restaurant reviews. Now Yelp is a website and app with reviews on many different categories. Yelp is also a public company, listed on the NYSE as YELP. 

When I returned to Orange County, I got involved in Yelp Events. My friend who hosted, Ryan M, nominated me for Elite. I became Elite in 2008 after his nomination and having written about 80 reviews. Mystery surrounds the criteria of Elite status. I’ve nominated some people who were chosen to be Elite, and some who didn’t get picked. I find it rewarding to read well written reviews, nominate the writer for Elite, and see them become Elite. 

What do you get for being Elite? The opportunity to attend special events, receive perks, and swag. I’ve gotten to know some special people through the events. If you are interested in reading my reviews, my url is: evelynk.yelp.com. For information on the Yelp Elite Squad, check out the following url: https://www.yelp.com/elite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home