Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Tokyo Vice! Not Tokyo Drift, No - - -Tokyo Vice!

 Thanks to Tess, a Yelp Elite who lives in Los Angeles county, I found out about the show on MAX called, “Tokyo Vice.” MAX, for those of you who don’t know, is HBO. Why they changed the name is beyond me, but MAX is where you can see Tokyo Vice. I’ve never met Tess. but she is on Facebook and we’re Facebook friends and she was the one who recommended it. Trusting her because she is smart and writes good, thoughtful reviews which also include practical information as to where to park in Los Angeles, I hopped onto MAX and started watching. The show, based on a true story which has most likely been sensationalized to fit into the MAX lineup is like nothing I’ve ever seen before.

I’m actually going for lunch break and watching it alone. Remember, the name of the show is, “Tokyo Vice.” The other name I mentioned, “Tokyo Drift,” is part of the Fast and Furious movie franchise from years past. I plan to update my blog with info about “Tokyo Vice,” soon. The story is about an American journalist of Jewish descent on the crime beat of the major newspaper of Japan. He speaks Japanese but does not really fit in but is very ambitious and interested in crime in Japan and the yakuza. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home