Saturday, December 23, 2017

Wedding Hints (Originally Posted on 7/1/2008)




My wedding will be on September 20th, 2008. It's a thrilling time planning the wedding and I look forward to the very special day.

Here's some tips that I've learned (some by my own trial and error, some through other people's experience and coaching).

1. Going to Bridal Expos and shows can be a great source for gaining vendors for the wedding. What you want to do is put down no e-mail address and mailing address - - or if required, put down a fake one. That way you will save yourself from the many, many mailings from vendors.

2. On the same token, when going to David's Bridal, if you put down your phone number on the registration form, they will call you. I say they because both David's and Men's Wearhouse called me. The economy is not in a good state right now.

3. Start early and once you have momentum going on your wedding projects, keep it going. Don't let criticism or questions bog you down. Definitely address the criticisms and questions (or if it seems a better option, ignore them, but keep the project moving. Because projects can get bogged down. I have one that I started in March with high hopes and must now move in for the kill and close on this project early this month (July!).

4. If you are unsure of a service or a vendor, ask them questions in a gentle and friendly way. If they are accommodating, you may be able to find out more about their services to the point where you feel comfortable using them. You can ask for references, as well. A lot of the vendors I have spoken to were agreeable to giving references, meeting with me and my fiance and answering questions.

5. Don't take it the wrong way/forget about it. People around the bride and groom are naturally going to ask lots of questions, have opinions - - almost everyone has an opinion, and make suggestions that are unrealistic. Most people aren't malicious; they just want to talk or try to help. Although it's hard to really follow this advice sometimes, don't take what people say the wrong way. If at all possible, try to forget about it.

6. Try to be as organized as you possibly can, and take time for grooming. Tension runs high and no one wants to go crazy over some missing brochure, invoice or sample invitation. The grooming part, it will really help in looking and feeling better during a stressful time. Recently I got a compliment on a picture that was taken for me. I was asked if someone had done my makeup. It was good to hear, especially as I had done my own application of makeup.

7. Remember, although it is a stressful time, it is a fun time too. No one else will have the wedding planning experience and the wedding that my fiance and I will have had. And for those that enjoy fine cuisine, there will be plenty of opportunity for eating, as food for the wedding, cake and hor d'oeurves are tested. It's going to be a day to remember.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home