Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Addendum to the Cordial Invitation to Makeup Alley

 So, you see, in my previous message about Makeup Alley, I may have put myself in a bad position. Yours truly offers her sincerest apologies if you have been offended, hurt, or shocked at the data, and opinions the users have uploaded regarding Fashion, Makeup, Environmentalism, Weddings, Food, Cosmetics, Haircare, Plastic Surgery, Fragrance, Physical Fitness, Photo of the Day, Nail Polish, Finance, Pets, Parental Issues, Entertainment, Travel, Home & Garden, Skincare, topics of interest to women 40 years and older, as well as Cafe Board for daily chat. The data is comprised of, in my opinion, info users have gathered from many different sources, and opinions which have been formed from possibly a plethora of information they have seen or heard. I’m going to report to you my thoughts and beliefs about not only Makeup Alley, but why I made the risky move to invite people to join.

The Urban Dictionary had definitions of MUA (I abbreviate Makeup Alley to MUA going forward in this addendum) which just didn’t seem accurate to me. I’m not saying Urban Dictionary was intending to lie about the users, but we are not all White women. Some of us are Americans or Canadians with ethnic descent. I think some users are also in foreign countries as they have been active at different times than users in the United States, and Canada, and have stated the country they are from, and one has even shared her blog with us. Plenty of women have posted their photos of themselves, or their beauty products, or clothes and purses they have purchased, or whatnot. The photos can be intriguing or sometimes even raise an eyebrow.

Another question I had about Urban Dictionary (I abbreviate Urban Dictionary to UD going forward with my words) is why they seemed to put out the idea that many of the users of MUA are on antidepressants. If I may recall correctly, I read details about the purported antidepressant usage a long time ago on UD. Indeed, if statistics can be counted as useful data, many people are on antidepressants. Many of them are for what they, and their family members, friends, acquaintances, and Medical Doctors (Psychiatrists) consider to be good reasons. Not all users on MUA are on them. Some have titrated off of them, some use other methods to feel happy, and some people swear by them because they believe the medicines have helped them immensely. 

The info UD had about MUA is part of the reason I was inviting people to MUA. If I did, and they showed up and stuck around for a bit, they could see (if they had read what was on UD) the experience on MUA was different than the description on UD. MUA’s website has declining traffic and some of the old-timers want new people to join. They can even browse without creating an account if they so desire. 

Lastly, I have typed up this addendum in the hopes I am not going to be sued for the opinions I have expressed. I think there is a low probability of a lawsuit (knock on wood), but people often get sued in my country. My blogging style may be seemingly frivolous and materialistic at times, but people in the U.S.A. can be litigious, so I just wanted to put in some good, old fashioned, legalese - just in case. Also, I’ve learned that my wage is less than that of employees at In-N-Out burger*, so a lawsuit against me may not be worth it financially.

This may be considered to be a tangent, but here’s another opinion, given to you for free: The In-N-Out burger employees deserve more than the wage they are being paid, in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home