Wednesday, August 21, 2024

I want to vlog

 I am interested in doing a vlog with my friend, whom I shall call, "Ace Pogo." Blogging is great, I have enjoyed other people's blogs (provided the ads for merchandise and services are limited). This year, I happened to see the vlog of a tech and automotive vlogger named Marques Brownlee. His story is fascinating. Why? When he was at the Stevens Institute of Technology, studying for a B.S. in Business and Information Technology, one of his professors asked him when he was going to drop out! Marques, or MKBHD as what he sometimes goes by, was doing a phenomenal job getting people to watch him on YouTube. He called himself MKBHD after receiving an honorary PhD.  

To me, Brownlee seems like an approachable and trustworthy vlogger who gives balanced opinions on tech and automotive products. Even if he was provided or loaned an item gratis, I doubted he was acting like a shill. There's a sense of trust being built, in my opinion, when watching MKBHD. Not everyone is going to get to his level, but it seems like a new kind of fun. I have had a good time writing my blog, enjoyed taking photos, and having social media accounts, but in some ways, vlogs seem like they could be a next level I would want to go to - while keeping the blog going. 

There is, however, a tough side to vlogging. I would pass by my husband as he was watching a vlog featuring a husband and wife. He said the wife had gotten a lot of flak for gaining weight. I think getting many of those comments are upsetting. In my opinion, even one negative comment can trigger someone.

I actually didn’t realize she gained weight. I wasn’t attuned to her looks. Thankfully she still vlogs. Don’t let them get you down - right? Is Ace Pogo going to be interested in vlogging? He is on Instagram. Maybe I can convince him and we can be on YouTube amusing people. It’ll be good to talk to him about this opportunity when we next meet.

Full disclosure: My friend Ace Pogo is a Pokemon Go fan and plays it a lot with friends and community members. Also: I’ve been told Pokemon Go is addictive. For me, I have periods where I’ll play and then times when I’m involved in other activities. I have been impressed by how many walks of life players have come from; it is amazing.

I feel like I needed to have a picture here, but I don’t. In any case, I hope you have a good rest of your day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home